Indiana's 21st Century Scholars Program provides up to four years of funding for undergraduate education. If you're already a 21st Century Scholar, you have requirements you need to complete each year to keep your funding. Here's what you need to do:
Go online to complete the FAFSA and submit it before April 15th. Filing is not necessary in your senior/fourth year unless you plan to continue on in your education.
Your mentor can be anyone who you want to learn from. They don't have to be affiliated with IU. All you need to do is enter their information in Scholartrack.
Your mentor can access a free online coure in IU Expand called Mentoring 21st Century Scholars. It's specifically for new mentors/champions and guides them through how to best assist you in your academic pursuits. This course is open to anyone (even mentors/champions outside of IU).
You'll need to complete 30 credit hours each academic year. You can earn them across fall, spring, and summer semesters.
If you have college credit from AP tests, ACP, or dual credit courses, make sure to talk with your academic advisor and verify that all available credit is applied to your transcript.
The three measures of Satisfactory Degree Progress (SAP) are:
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Complete at least 67% of all classes attempted. For first year students you'll have fewer classes attempted, meaning that it is easier to not be in good standing with SAP in your first few semesters.
- Programs of study must be concluded within 150% of their published program length. For example, most bachelor's degrees take 4 years, or 8 fall/spring semesters, to complete. 150% of 8 semesters is 12 semesters. Thus, starting a seventh year still working on your bachelor's degree could cause issues.
College engagement events are things like orientation, First Year Experience seminars, cultural events, student organization events, and more. To fulfill this requirement, you must attend a qualifying event and submit a reflection on it.
Career preparation events are things like interviews, job shadowing, completing an internship, creating a portfolio, and more. You need to complete one of these events or activities and submit a reflection for it.
Have questions about your requirements? Your campus has people who can help.
- IU Bloomington: email@example.com
- IUPUC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IU East: email@example.com
- IU Fort Wayne: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IUPUI: email@example.com
- IU Kokomo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IU Northwest: email@example.com
- IU South Bend: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IU Southeast: email@example.com